Azra Daniels is a manager in charge of community marketing and events at Figma. At our 2022 conference Azra spoke about building community-driven content for events, a topic she well-articulated using their very own Config annual global user conference as an illustration.
Steps to Get Community-Driven Event Content
According to Azra, the best way to get community-driven content is to ask the community what they want and build an event around that. You can achieve this through the following steps.
1. Source With a Call for Speakers
This is a great way to gather information. It allows you to learn what your users and customers are talking about, what their problems are, and so forth. It opens you up to new speakers and introduces you to customers and users you have never met before.
2. Build a Thoughtful Event Agenda
Next, you need to build a thoughtful event calendar. For instance, you need to figure out how much space you have at the conference, then ask the team to vote on the submitted content. Once done, you should pull the plan together by slotting the speakers, then run recaps for the demographic information to ensure you have an inclusive panel.
3. Create a Committee to Review Content
It's essential to make sure the event's content is resourceful. Thus, you should team up each speaker with a committee of pros to help them polish up their content. Mainly, the speakers can use them as their sounding board to provide more perspectives to their ideas and address their concerns.
"Don't be afraid to redo your agenda if you aren't capturing the inclusivity of your community." – Azra Daniels
- Ask the community what they want and build an event around that
- Be clear and specific about what makes a good submission
- Don't be afraid to redo your agenda if you aren't capturing the inclusivity of your community
- A dry run is an essential part of the review as it ensures a speaker is comfortable on camera and that they feel confident and excited
February 24, 2022
Subscribe to receive community insights, invitations to our webinars, and monthly Talkbase product updates.